THE FITNESS PROGRAM
For Exercise and Fitness
The Fitness Program is designed for all of our patients, from high school and collegiate athletes to "seasoned citizens". Our physical therapists use their expertise and knowledge to get you back doing the activities and playing the sports you love. We have developed this program to bridge the gap between completion of our patient's functional rehabilitation programs and being back to full activity.
This exercise and fitness program is customized to guide each person toward attaining their personal goals.
- We develop an exercise plan for you to use at the health club, fitness center or at home.
- We use high intensity sport specific drills to return you to recreational or competitive sports.
- We maximize balance, agility, and coordination
- We develop power and strength
- We improve or maintain functional abilities gained during rehabilitation.
- We get you in shape for seasonal activities or your upcoming travel plans.
Guided by Our Physical Therapist Assistants
Amy Finnegan, PTA
Bernadette Sheaffer, PTA
Sherri Gagné, PTA
Rei = higher knowledge or spiritual consciousness
Ki or Chi = life energy
- What is Reiki?
It is a safe and gentle modality, originating in Japan, in a form of holistic treatment for stress reduction, relaxation, self-nurturing and spiritual healing. It works in conjunction to all traditional forms of western medicine. Reiki is not a religion.
- Who receives Reiki?
Anyone and everybody can receive Reiki. No one is "too broken" to benefit from Reiki healing. There are no contraindications. As long as the recipient is open to receiving Reiki, then healing may begin to occur.
- How will Reiki help you?
Reiki can help you feel more energized, relaxed, and balanced. A Reiki practitioner does not heal you, we simply hold the space, for your body to heal itself.
- Western medicine healing approach thru Reiki: As per evidence-based data, Reiki calms your central nervous system, along with your parasympathetic nervous system. If you are someone dealing with any form of (P/M/E) stress, acute and/or chronic pain, Reiki can help to reduce your blood pressure, heart rate, bodily pain and create an inner calmness and serenity.
These programs are offered to our patients on a cash basis. Payment is expected at the time of service in the form of cash, check, or credit/debit card. Services are not eligible for reimbursement from any health insurance carrier. The frequency and duration of the program are at the discretion of the patient in consultation with our clinical staff.